The government has allocated schools an additional funding grant which we are required to use to support PE and Sport provision.
Whilst we have the freedom to choose how this grant should be spent, we have made the decision that it must provide value for money and, therefore, have a sustainable impact.
Funding for 2016-17 is being used as follows:
1. To fund a PE specialist Teaching Assistant who works alongside class teachers, using her skills to demonstrate, model and coach.
2. To fund a specialist sports coach to provide enhanced teaching in specific sports e.g. tag-rugby
3. To fund an additional swimming instructor so that Year 3 and 4 pupils can be taught in smaller groups and to ensure all pupils achieved the national expectation (swim 25m unaided) by the end of Year 5.
4. To purchase additional sport/PE resources, as required to support both national curriculum programmes of study, extra-curricular activities and to improve/promote health and enjoyment during the lunch break (link with the work of a new pupil-led playground development group)
5. To facilitate school and inter-school sport competitions and initiatives
6. To fund a link with AFC Telford who provide sports coaches to lead extra-curricular activities.